DIY Laptop Battery Repair: 6 Effective Methods to Try at Home
Are you experiencing rapid depletion of your laptop’s battery? Are you interested in learning how to repair it from home?
Don’t get frustrated with the need to constantly plug in your HP laptop while working. Is your Dell laptop’s battery backup drastically reduced? Or perhaps you own an older Asus laptop that is experiencing battery problems.
However, there is some good news. Laptop batteries can be replaced. So, if you’re wondering how to change your own battery, this article will show you how.
This article will assist you in completing the repair quickly and efficiently so that you may return to work and enjoy the maximum battery life on your device.
Here, you’ll find authentic, reliable information that you can trust and follow with ease.
Before you begin the step-by-step process of repairing your laptop battery at home, you must first understand the underlying reason for the problem. Without this knowledge, you risk repeating the same mistakes and facing the same issues repeatedly.
- To avoid future problems, become familiar with the indications of battery problems and understand how to manage the health of your laptop’s battery. You may trust and easily follow the information you find here because it is real and trustworthy.
- Understanding the source of the issue is essential before beginning the step-by-step guide to fixing your laptop battery at home.
- You run the danger of making the same errors and running into the same problems again and time again without this information.
- In order to prevent more problems, you should get aware of the signs of battery troubles and understand how to keep your laptop’s battery healthy.
You can gather information from credible sources on the internet or consult with friends, and also read our articles for a deeper understanding of each topic.
6 Proven MethodsTo Repair Laptop Battery At Home
Let’s delve into the topic of fixing laptop batteries at home.
However, before attempting to repair your laptop battery, it is important to determine its type.
If your laptop battery is based on NiMH or NiCD, you can try reviving it, which often improves its performance. on the other hand, A lithium-ion battery, cannot be revived, and attempting to do so can be harmful, even resulting in an explosion. As a result, considerable caution should be exercised and the batteries thoroughly inspected before proceeding. The answer to the question of whether you can repair a laptop battery is yes.
You can visit a laptop battery repair center for assistance.
Dell Service Center in Chandigarh is a reliable option that provides free laptop battery repair software and helpful tips on how to recondition laptop batteries.
Let’s explore a few methods for repairing a laptop battery.
Method 1: Bringing a Dead NiMH or NiCD Laptop Battery Back To Life
If the battery in your laptop is NiMH or NiCD, you can try this approach to repair it. If your laptop has a lithium-ion battery, you should avoid doing this approach since it may cause additional damage to the battery.
Step 1: Firstly, deactivate and detach your laptop from the power source
Step 2: Remove the battery by opening the bottom portion of the laptop and removing it. If a battery release button is present, apply pressure to release it from the clips.
Step 3: Insert the battery into a soft and sealed bag that is both water and airtight, avoiding the use of a standard plastic bag as it may contain moisture.
Step 4: Proceed to place the battery in the freezer for at least 10 hours but not exceeding 12 hours, as this may revive the battery.
Step 5: Once done, extract the battery from the freezer and let it equilibrate to room temperature before using a dry cloth to wipe it down the battery.
Step 6: Repeat this procedure a total of 3-5 times.
Step 7: reinsert the battery into the laptop and connect it to the power supply for recharging. Check the battery’s performance and, if no improvement is noted, attempt an alternate method.
Method 2: Recalibrating a Laptop Battery
Sometimes the battery percentage indicator on your laptop will display that the battery is at 80%, but after a while, it will drop to 20%. When the battery percentage indicator does not precisely reflect the battery’s real charge level, this problem occurs. You might attempt to recalibrate your laptop battery to resolve this issue.
Step 1: Plug in your laptop and charge it till it is completely charged. Unplug the AC power adapter only when the battery is fully charged.
Step 2: Unplug the AC power adapter from your laptop by disconnecting the side that is connected to your laptop.
Step 3: Use your laptop to completely drain the battery. You can run battery-consuming programs such as games or videos to drain the battery faster. This way, you can entertain yourself while also discharging the battery.
Step 4: After the battery is completely drained, your laptop will shut down. Leave it for 3-5 hours without using it or recharging it during this period. This 3-5 hour period will allow the remaining power to drain. However, if your laptop has a lithium-ion battery, do not leave it for 3-5 hours.
Step 5: Recharge your laptop to 100% again. This process will recalibrate your battery. Check if your battery percentage indicator shows the correct level after this process. If the issue persists, try another approach.
Method 3: Performing A Full Recharge
Performing a full recharge is a simple technique that can be very beneficial for your laptop’s battery. This technique is also known as the 100-percent charging technique. Although this method cannot guarantee that the battery will revive, it can sometimes work fine, and your battery life may improve from a low of 30 percent to as much as 90 percent. There are no adverse effects of this method on your laptop’s battery, so you can try it without worry.
If you are lucky, this method may save you some money. To perform a full recharge, you need to charge the laptop 100 percent as the name suggests.
After fully charging it, utilize it till the battery percentage reaches 3-5 percent. Then, check if your difficulties are solved. If they are not resolved, you can try another approach.
Method 4: Using a Cooling Pad
Using a cooling pad is a simple and effective solution to prevent laptops and their batteries from overheating. A laptop that severely overheats causes damage not only to the battery but also to the internal components While it may not restore a lithium-ion battery, using a cooling pad can increase battery performance.
When the temperature of the battery increases, the laptop can overheat, leading to further issues. To keep the laptop and battery’s temperature as low as possible, a cooling pad can be used.
The cooling pad helps to eliminate extra heat and maintain a minimum temperature, preventing overheating.
If your battery issues persist, try other methods to resolve the problem. But using a cooling pad is a simple step that can help prolong your laptop’s battery life and prevent damage caused by overheating.
Method 5: Use The Laptop Without A Battery When Plugged In
If you’re having battery problems, try removing the battery from your laptop and using it while plugged in. This method can sometimes yield excellent results. To get the most out of this trick, remove the battery while the laptop is charging.
However, be extremely careful when doing so, as you can receive an electric shock. Check to see if this method solves your difficulties. If it does, you can start using your laptop again. If not, try another approach.
Method 6: Replacing Laptop Battery
Before you go online to find a replacement battery, determine your serial number and the company that made your computer. When you do your search, see if you can quickly find the battery’s model number and serial number.
- Create a battery report in Windows: To ensure that the replacement is necessary, create a battery report by clicking “powering/battery report” in the command prompt and then going to the user section to view the report.
- Remove your laptop from the power source: This is the simplest stage in the procedure, but it is worth repeating. In addition to totally turning down your laptop, be sure it is also unplugged from the power supply. If you don’t, you’ll be in great danger of electrocuting yourself.
- Remove the back panel of your laptop with a screwdriver: Loosen the screws on the back panel with a Phillips screwdriver before gently removing the laptop’s back cover. This may necessitate the use of the plastic tool once again to loosen the edges. Starting in a corner and gradually dislodging the panel is usually easier, but be careful not to damage the components inside.
- Remove the old battery: Unscrew the battery while it’s in place, then carefully disconnect the connecting cable with delicate hands. Handle these parts carefully as they are susceptible.
- Connect the new battery to your laptop: Place the new battery in its place, connect the cables, and tighten the screws. Make sure to check if the battery is set correctly.
- Replace the back panel: Place the rubber pads in their place (if there are any), and then place the back panel in its palace and tighten the screws.
- Confirm the performance with a new battery report: Connect the laptop to the power source, switch it on, and create a new battery report. if everything is right, the battery report will show that the performance will be similar to the optimum performance level.
How To Repair A Laptop Battery At Home?
In conclusion, I firmly believe that any of the methods mentioned above can effectively resolve laptop battery problems.
If you’re searching for information on repairing HP or Dell laptop batteries, you’ve come to the right place for Dell and HP laptop battery repairs.
At Sneha it Solutions, our expert technicians are equipped to repair laptop batteries from all brands.
It’s best to contact our center to get updated prices on batteries such as the HP Pavilion DV5, Vaio laptop battery, HP Pavilion Notebook PC battery, HP BP02XL battery original price, and Sony Vaio laptop battery original.
If you need assistance, feel free to call us at 9041813480 to learn about the laptop battery HP price, HP BP02XL battery original price, Sony Vaio laptop battery original price, or Dell laptop battery price.
At Sneha It Solutions, Dell Service Center in Chandigarh we have highly skilled technicians who specialize in Dell battery repair or HP Pavilion X360 battery repair, and we’re dedicated to providing you with exceptional service.
I’ve tried to give you relevant information about repairing laptop batteries at home throughout this article.
I hope you found this post to be educational and beneficial. Please contact our skilled technician if you have any questions or issues.